MCS Group has a unique opportunity for a Corporate Tax Consultant in Mid-Ulster to join an accountancy practice that truly nurtures its staff by providing a positive work environment, excellent progression potential, and a great work-life balance.
This well-established regional accountancy practice prides itself on the excellent work culture it provides. The firm not only has an experienced management team who takes the time to offer hands-on training and support to staff at all levels, there is also a tremendous amount of flexibility available to accommodate people's work-life balance such as working from home and part-time options. The firm invests a lot of time into building a positive working environment and boosting moral by organising various team building sessions and social events to assure everyone feels welcome from day one.
You will play a key role in a range of challenging tax compliance and/or advisory projects where you will be able to build a client portfolio that is specifically tailored to your skills and interests. Here is some of what your role has to offer:
- Manage the delivery of a variety of tax assignments with a particular focus on corporate tax.
- Have the option of focusing more on either compliance or consultancy work, depending on your preference and skillset.
- Get exposure to a range of NI-based clients including large multinational companies, SMEs and start-ups.
- Have close contact with the senior management team who are there to offer support and guidance if needed.
- Take an active part in engaging in client meetings and building new and existing client relationships.
- Gain an all-round understanding of other tax areas such as personal tax, VAT and employment tax depending on the clients' needs.
- You must have strong tax experience within an accountancy firm with either personal tax, corporate tax, or a mixed tax background.
- You must be driven and determined to specialise in tax, ideally with a willingness to complete professional tax qualifications if needed.
- You will ideally have a relevant accountancy / tax qualification (ATT, CTA, ACA, ACCA); however, candidates without these qualifications may be considered as long as they have the relevant tax experience.
- Candidates from Tax Senior to Manager level would be ideal.
- Competitive salary package including pension, health care, and bonus scheme.
- Study support for CTA qualification if needed.
- Progression opportunities with potential for Partnership.
- Flexible working options: work from home, part-time, flexible start/finish times.
- Flexible progression route based on personal performance.
- Various team building activities, away days, and social events.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Caroline Gaughan, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs