MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Accountant for our manufacturing client in Dungannon.
This is an exciting time to be joining the business who are key players in Manufacturing Capital Equipment. You will play a vital role in the company's growth phase and work in a tight knit team with excellent study support opportunities for those ambitious candidates.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for general accounting and internal control including journal entry preparation, intercompany reconciliations, month-end closing activities, account reconciliations, and financial reporting. This role presents a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified accountant seeking that next rewarding challenge with an excellent study support package and social element.
Reporting into the Financial Controller your experience is as follows:
- Review and preparation of group P&Ls, explaining variances within the month end close deadlines. Monthly payroll accruals and reconciliations
- Meeting department heads to review spend against forecast on a monthly basis
- Carry out freight margin analysis
- Reporting on weekly KPI information to the Financial Controller
- Forecasting and budgeting preparation and analysis
- Compliance with SOX, standardised procedures and internal controls
- Preparation of site and brand presentations
- Responsible for initiating quarterly fixed asset cycle counts with key departments
- Review goods & services received and not invoiced
- Coding of intercompany invoices and other miscellaneous invoices
- Assist in procedure development and recommend / implement processes improvements
- Provide exemplary customer service, providing timely responses to internal and external inquiries
- Part-Qualified Accountant in ACCA / ACA / CIMA or Accounting Technician with 2 years' experience
- Understanding of internal control elements.
- Understanding of UK GAAP and ability to prepare UK statutory accounts
- Enthusiastic in your approach with excellent communication skills and confident in interaction with others
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs