MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Accounts Payables / Receivables supervisor for our Cookstown based client.
This is a good time to be joining our client's global manufacturing operations who pride themselves in creating long lasting customer relationships by providing excellent products and a first-class service.
Job: Accounts Payables & Receivables Supervisor
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for supervising the Accounts Payables, Receivables and Treasury team with a total amount of 7 staff ensuring efficiency across the board,
- Prioritising and organising the department's workload and tasks whilst ensuring all payments are properly authorised and queried items are not paid until resolved
- Oversee the Supplier Payment process, ensuring all payment runs are available for review at agreed times
- Ensuring queried purchase invoices are distributed to relevant persons to resolve on a timely basis;
- Ensuring all suppliers are subject to supplier statement reconciliations;
- Reviewing reconciliation of month end supplier statements to the Purchase Ledger;
- Ensuring supplier queries promptly dealt with;
- Ensuring good relationship maintained with suppliers;
- Process month end reports e.g. Purchase Ledger closure;
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted;
- Working closely with Project Managers to ensure invoices are raised on a timely basis;
- Facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the company by ensuring bill reminders are sent promptly and clients contacted re. outstanding accounts promptly;
- Generate reports for management detailing accounts receivable status;
- Oversee month-end responsibilities e.g. Sales Ledger closure;
- Investigate customer queries / complaints and ensure that they are dealt with to the customers' satisfaction;
- Ensure customer statements are sent out regularly.
- Assisting with weekly cash flow forecasts;
- Review and sign off monthly bank reconciliations;
- Review payments for Group companies to ensure payments have been properly authorised, check bank account details are correct, etc.;
- To oversee the processing of Inter-Company payments from and to other Group businesses;
- To ensure controls are in place to minimise fraud and misappropriation of company funds;
- To provide management with timely information and advice e.g. re. depositing surplus funds in savings accounts, transferring money between accounts, recommending purchase / sale of foreign currency, etc.;
- To generate monthly cash reports and analysis for management.
- To work with financial accountants to ensure timely payments of all statutory liabilities;
- To assist in the preparation of forecasting models including quarterly forecasts and other ad hoc reporting as required;
- To work alongside Payroll Accountants and ensure prompt payment on a monthly basis;
- Prioritising and organising the department's workload and tasks;
- Work to ensure tight month-end deadlines are achieved;
- Assisting in monthly team meetings
- Ensuring accuracy across the department;
- Introducing process improvements within all 3 functions;
- Continuous review of processes and procedures and systems for efficiencies and to ensure fit for purpose. To constantly evolve and recommend process improvement within the current functions;
- Assisting in staff appraisal, performance management and recruitment of Purchase Ledger Assistants;
- Carrying out 1-2-1 on a regular basis and ensuring the team are hitting targets;
- Monitoring of the teams work load daily;
- Team building, keeping team morale high;
- Training and developing of staff;
- Providing holiday / sick cover within team during busy times;
- Any other duties which may, from time to time, be reasonably required within the role;
- Perform role in accordance with the Company's Health and Safety policy;
- Assisting with external audit enquires.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team in a busy working environment
- Competent in Microsoft suit with strong evidence in Excel
- Proven experience managing a Purchase Ledger team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Organised and structured approach
- Able to add value through implementing efficiencies where needs
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs