MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Accounting Technician for a leading manufacturing company based outside Dungannon.
This is a great time to be joining the business who have grown at an impressive rate since their inception over 30 years ago. Our client attracts a large customer base from all over the UK & Ireland and prides themselves on the highest quality of standards both from their products and customer experience. Our client offers an open and collaborative working environment resulting in excellent employee engagement.
Job: Accounts Technician
You will be responsible for the day to day financials for the business working within a small team. This includes preparation of monthly and annual accounts to trial balance including transactional work. This role will be suited to an Accounting Technician who enjoys a wide variety of work.
Reporting to the Director your responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of general ledger journals
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts monthly
- Preparation of VAT, intrastate and EC sales returns including UK and ROI returns
- Sales ledger invoice credit control resolution
- Purchase ledger, supplier reconciliation and resolving price and quantity variances whilst assisting with payments
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Preparing and entering cash and bank general ledger journals
- Any ad-hoc tasks when necessary
What we're looking to see in candidates
- Qualified Accounting Technician or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years similar experience preferably within manufacturing or construction
- Experience in dealing with ROI returns and RCT (desirable)
- Enthusiastic in your approach with excellent communication skills and confident in interaction with others
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Sage experience and computer literate in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Manager at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs