Vacancy Reference - 17613
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit two Band 6 Auditors to be based in Belfast. This is a full-time temporary position, 37.5 hours per week and expected to last for six months initially. The following duties will be required -
* To be the Lead Auditor on: a broad range of risk-based audit assignments of a complex/ad-hoc and often non-financial nature; verifications of controls assurance standards; and a broad range of routine audit assignments.
* Develops and leads the execution of risk-based audit programmes.
* Obtains robust information and data from a range of client systems and through interviews with key client staff and perform detailed analysis of the data to inform judgements on adequacy of systems of internal control.
* Drafts high quality, value adding audit reports for client senior management, Directors and Audit Committees that include an audit opinion and practicable recommendations to address all risk issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignment.
* Takes extensive responsibility for the operational management of allocated audit plans in support of the Audit Manager.
* Assists the Audit Manager in drafting audit assignment plans.
* To direct, supervise and advise audit staff on a day-to-day basis, during each audit assignment.
* Plans own workload, and that of subordinate audit staff during audit assignments, to ensure that assignments are satisfactorily completed. The post holder will be expected to lead a number of audit assignments concurrently and to ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources.
* Conducts investigations and consultancy assignments, under the supervision of the Audit Manager
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Candidates must be a Certified Internal Auditor, with the Institute of Internal Auditors, or be Part Qualified with a CCAB accountancy body or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
* Have at least two years internal audit/finance experience.
* Candidates must have worked as an internal auditor for at least five years.
* Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.