Finance Officer job based in Omagh.
Your new company
You will work with a public sector organisation based in Omagh. As part of the Finance Officer job you will be involved within the Peace IV and INTERREG projects.
Your new role
You will have various roles and responsibilities within the job as Finance Officer these are outlined below:
- Manage the verification of project partner expenditure claims submitted to the body, which may involve onsite inspection at Lead Partner and Project Partner premises.
- Provide clear guidance and training to Lead and Project Partners on the verification process and eligibility of expenditure.
- Develop and implement internal financial procedures and controls and ensure that they are followed by staff.
- Manage and control the workflow of Claims Verification Officers, and Clerical Officers and ensure that standards are adhered to.
- To fully utilise and ensure accurate data input into eMS.
- Contribute to the training and development of staff.
- Responsible for the detection, reporting and recovery of irregularities which have been identified.
- Facilitate the work of internal and external auditors appointed to report on the operation of systems and controls.
- Responsible for the integrity and control of the financial and non-financial data stored on the information systems within the area.
- Manage own workload to meet the changing priorities of the Body.
- Liaise with staff to report on progress periodically.
- Analyse and interpret financial data, interpret trends and report through to the Finance Manager,Financial Controller and Director of Managing Authority.
- Develop knowledge of the work carried out by the Body and the changing priorities within the Body.
- Collate and distribute financial information as required to meet the Body's internal management needs
- Provide appropriate service support to the Body as required.
- Oversee the filing systems, both manual and electronic to effectively manage all information within the section.
What you'll need to succeed
GCSEs grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent or Leaving Certificate (Standard/Ordinary level) - 5 grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent.
A minimum of 1 years experience of processing financial transactions in accordance with approved procedures within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors.
Experience in working with, understanding and interpreting financial data.
Experience in use of IT for the purpose of accounts/financial reporting
What you'll get in return
You will get a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in the public service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or Matthew Kirkwood on 02871 242031 or email
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs