Our client is currently seeking a casual Dog Warden for a temporary role at their site in Omagh and Fermanagh
- Responsible for the operational enforcement of the Dogs (NI) Order 1983, and amendments
- Responsible for the operational enforcement of the Welfare of Animals (Dog Breeding Establishments) Regulations (NI) 2012
- Responsibility for the operational enforcement of the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act (NI) 2011 and the Litter Order (NI) 1994 in relation to dogs
- Respond on a rota basis appropriately to calls related to the duties of the post after normal office hours and at weekends/Bank Holidays.
- Be responsible for maintaining the Dog Pound and dog vehicles in a satisfactory manner and keeping all equipment in a clean and tidy condition. Operate any equipment, treat dogs in a humane manner and render minor first aid to injured dogs as necessary. Ensure all dogs are provided with proper welfare standards until re-claimed, sold or destroyed.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon in the euthanasia of dogs and be responsible for the disposal of dogs in accordance with Council procedures.
- Investigate all dog related complaints including complaints of dog straying and attacks by dogs on members of the public, livestock and other animals. Advise the general public, particularly dog owners of requirements of the relevant legislation.
- Manage the day to day workload effectively and liaise with team members to ensure the effective, efficient and economic delivery of the service.
- Gather evidence and prepare legal files in accordance with the provisions of P.A.C.E. for presentation at Court. Recommend legal proceedings where necessary. Attend Court and give evidence.
- Keep all documentation in relation to dogs including seizure, kennelling, re-claimed, sold and destroyed dogs in accordance with company Record Retention and Disposal Policy. Maintain day to day records of work carried out.
- Carry out surveys throughout the area to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and liaise with other Council Departments and Animal Welfare Inspectors, where appropriate.
- Prepare and present information and reports to Senior Officers, statutory and voluntary bodies as required.
Hours of work:
- Casual cover
- £11.66 per hr
Why use Grafton?
- This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
- For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.
Experience: 0 yrs