Vacancy Reference - 16381
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 4 Medical Secretary to be based in Enniskillen. This is a full time role, 37.5 hours a week. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last initially for 1 month.
The following duties will be required -
* Accurate input of patient and medical details/information.
* Access PAS, laboratory and radiology results and take responsibility for passing the information on to the relevant medical staff.
* Ensure pathological, radiological reports and other results are filed accurately.
* Deal with telephone and other enquires from patients, members of staff and GP’s and implement the appropriate course of action in each case.
* Set up clinics and ensure all pertinent information and necessary equipment is available.
* Arrange and organise theatre and day case lists, ensuring maximum use of amenities, equipment, resources and theatre time. (Within office hours)
* Manage and validate waiting lists to maximise the use of operating theatre facilities and equipment.
* Inform patients about instructions regarding medication in advance of medical procedures.
* Instruct Admissions Office, Appointments Department and Library in matters relating to patient care.
* Draft and type correspondence, reports, results letters, clinical letters, discharge letters etc.
* Prioritise incoming mail and take appropriate action where necessary, process outgoing mail to GP’s
* Maintain diaries for both consultants and patient admissions etc.
* Collate accurate statistics on outpatient activity relating to funding assessments, staffing levels, business services etc. Ensure timely submission of statistics to senior management
* Assist with training of new staff
* Any other relevant duties
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Private and Executive Secretary’s Certificate/Diploma or AMSPAR/City & Guilds Level 2/3 Medical Secretary Diploma/Medical Administration Diploma or equivalent
* OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part 1) & Stage 2 Word processing/Typing (Part 2) or equivalent
* OCR Stage II Audio qualification OR 6 months Audio Typing experience OR 80 wpm Shorthand or equivalent
In addition to one of the above applicants must have:
* 1 year’s administrative / clerical experience
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.