Our client - Kukoon Rugs are a family run business based in Newry, Co Down shipping to customers all across the world. Due to continued growth and expansion plans we are now recruiting for a Inventory Controller to join the growing team. This role may be suited to a graduate with 1-2 years experience in a similar field. This is a fast paced role that will be best suited to someone with a genuine desire to establish a career as an Inventory Control Manager.
So what will you be doing at Kukoon.com – Inventory Controller
● Responsible for inventory evaluation, waste, timely and accurate receiving, and inventory organization.
● Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
● Day to day management and accountability of company stock movements, stock levels control within specified min/max levels and transactional compliance between stock locations - this will include 4 stock locations.
● Identify bestselling products and advise on their stocking locations within the warehouse.
● Maintain live and accurate stock records at all times 24/7, through periodic and cyclical checks, controlled documentation of stock records and control of all stock movements and adjustments reporting through weekly and monthly mass balance analysis.
● Review and keep up to date stock taking SOP's for each area.
● Take ownership and resolve any stock issues including procurement receipts, transactional movements, adjustments, write-offs.
● Monitor and report on planning performance, including targeted output against the planned schedule and report on any early warnings of issues, potential delays etc.
● Help guide and implement short and long-term strategic growth projects that have immediate, measurable business impact.
● Identify blockers and propose strategies to reduce costs and improve incoming and outgoing inventory logistics.
● Develop reporting for:
○ Stock holding costs.
○ Stock turns and implications.
○ Slow moving stocks.
○ Stock out costs.
○ Obsolete and dumping costs and implications.
We’d love to meet someone with..
At least 1+ years’ experience managing stock control systems.
Ideally, experience managing a large stock inventory across multiple locations.
Experience of an ERP or MRP system is highly advantageous
Advanced excel with proven ability to draw actionable outcomes from data analytics.
Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly with creating persuasive materials and training teams on new processes.
A third level qualification in a related field such as business management, logistics or procurement.
A full clean driving licence and flexibility to travel to multiple locations including in the UK on a regular basis.
Full flexibility to meet the needs of the role.
Fast learner, ability to take instruction and learn quickly.
The role may be suited to a graduate with 1-2 years experience in a fast moving similar role
What’s in it for you?
● Generous salary and pension matching
● Kukoon Health including Randox annual check
● Great development programmes
● Opportunities to attend events in the UK and Ireland
● Annual leave that increases with length of service
● Option to work from home on occasions as agreed with your Manager
● Huge staff discount
● Free tea and coffee
● Great culture and fun social activities
● Free parking
● New state of the art canteen
Experience: 1-2 yrs