Vacancy Reference - 17559
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary TG1 - Site supervisor to be based in Newry. This is a full time role, 37 hours per week, and expected to last for 4 months. The following duties will be required -
* Siteworks – The post-holder will be expected to assist Professional and Technical staff in the management of technical works
* Site Surveys, including measurements and levelling
* Site supervision of maintenance improvement schemes (e.g. resurfacing and surface dressing) in accordance with the Specification for Highway works
* Measurement and record keeping for the purpose of agreeing payment
* Complying with and promoting applicable Health and Safety legislation, policy and procedures (including checks as required)
* Contract documentation – The post-holder will be required to gain an understanding of the relevant contract documentation including Schedule of Rates, Method of Measurement and Health and Safety plans (to include Risk Assessments and Method Statements) to enable them to work and supervise works safely, effectively and efficiently
* Effective Communication – The post-holder will be expected to develop good working relationships with departmental staff and the ability to communicate with a variety of external customers, stakeholders and contractors depending on the particular post.
* Problem Solving – The post-holder will be required to deal with issues in the course of inspecting / managing engineering projects supervision. This will include health and safety issues, traffic control, scheduling of works and dealing with customer complaints
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* BTEC Level 3 Construction related qualification and 1 year site experience
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.