Vacancy Reference - 15148
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Forest Ranger to be based in Newcastle. This is a part time role, Friday to Sunday (including Bank Holidays) and is expected to last for 27 weeks. The following duties will be required -
* Routine maintenance
* Grass cutting and strimmer cutting
* Litter picking
* Helping the public
* Issue of tickets and receipts
* Cash handling
* Patrolling sites and enforcing bye-laws where appropriate
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Possession of a full driving licence and access to a means of transport;
* Ability to work bank holiday weekends and through the July/August holiday period;
* Reading and writing skills to record visitor information requirements;
* Ability to use a cash register;
* An interest in the countryside with experience and knowledge of local human and natural history;
* Holding of an emergency First Aid Certificate and manual handling training certificate that must remain valid for the duration of the contract period.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.