Assistant Asset Manager
We are seeking to recruit an experienced professional who will become an integral part of our client’s Asset Management team. The role will involve close cooperation and interaction across all levels within the organisation and with a number of external advisors. The managed assets include Property and Chattels and are located across various UK locations. As the successful candidate you will provide efficient and effective management of Buildings and Land, entailing property review and protection, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, lettings and divestures.
- Maintain an accurate record of all buildings and land owned and their use and their occupancy over the various sites, commercial and residential, including lettings.
- Record and maintain all data regarding the current state and condition of properties and land including any existing third party condition reports.
- Organise and assist with others to provide a survey and property review of all major buildings.
- Manage and assist the co-ordination of all approved works identified from this property review.
- Maintain and manage a planned property maintenance system.
- Record and report on all capital and maintenance requests under consideration and highlight those which are urgent and outstanding.
- Organise and assist the co-ordination of the necessary and approved capital and maintenance work in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the preparatory work necessary in advance of any property divesture, including general maintenance on site, legal aspects, estate agents, contractors, planning authority and other regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that all insurance conditions and warranties have been satisfactorily addressed, at all properties at all locations and that we are in compliance with the policy documentation.
- Provide efficient and effective management of Chattels, ensure and maintain the accuracy of the existing Chattel Database, known as the Collector System (CS), which is a digital asset management system. Manage, report, monitor and help protect the physical condition of all chattels, control movements and assist with divestures.
The ideal candidate:
- A mature, confident individual with substantial business/commercial experience who requires minimal supervision, who is innovative, and has the ability and drive to work on their own initiative, common sense and capable of communicating at all levels, with an appropriate manner.
Additionally, the following skills will be required:
- Ideally a business Degree / 3 rd level qualification together with strong administration and IT skills.
- Experience with Fixed Asset and Inventory management systems.
- Totally confidential, and someone who would conduct their activities with the utmost discretion.
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator, able to interact effectively with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to assist with all queries and requests from stakeholders in an appropriate manner and in a timely fashion.
- Possess effective and relevant organisational skills.
- Experience in working in a business environment which demands both a high level of attention to detail and also a holistic approach.
- Business acumen, in particular, awareness of stakeholder priorities.
- Strong understanding of the commercial aspects of their role.
- Auditing experience a distinct advantage, otherwise a willingness to undergo training.
- Health & Safety knowledge and experience would be an advantage.
- An interest or previous experience with antiques, property dealings, sales knowledge or high value inventory control experience would be desirable.
An attractive remuneration is on offer for the successful candidate and is commensurate with the importance of this position.
Please submit a comprehensive CV which clearly demonstrates how you meet the above criteria together with your remuneration expectations through the link here. You are encouraged to call also call Conor MacNamara +44 (0) 7968 160122 / 028 3025 2407 in strict confidence.
Experience: 1-2 yrs