Vacancy Reference: 18575
We are currently recruiting for an Account Services Administrator for the Lisburn area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 36.25hours per week, with an hourly rate of £9.98. This vacancy is expected to last 6 months subject to review and budget.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To process payments and income in an efficient, effective, accurate and timely manner and in compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice
- To assist as required in the preparation of internal and statutory returns to ensure compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice
- To operate within the control framework in place within the department
- To assist with end of month and end of year accounts procedures to support the preparation of the financial and management accounts and other statutory returns.
- To assist the Senior Accounts Services Administrator to implement internal and external audit recommendations and assist as required with the provision of information to internal and external auditors
- To assist with the set up and transmission of BACS payments as required
- Possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs at ‘A’, ‘B’, or ‘C’ grades or equivalent (including English Language and Mathematics)
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience working in an Accounts Office environment to include
- a)processing payments and income
- b)working with a computerised accounts package
- 3.Can demonstrate
- a) effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as a team member
- b) effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
- c) a customer service orientation.
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications
- 1. Hold or be working towards a membership of an Accounting Body i.e. CCAB or AAT/ATI
- 2. Experience of working in the public sector
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.