Are you an experienced buyer with a strong background in tendering, negotiation and supplier sourcing / management?
Do you have a CIPS qualification with excellent IT skills, specifically advanced Excel?
Would you like to work for a leading business with excellent remuneration on offer?
We have a very exciting role available with a leading company as they grow their procurement department. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
Based within the Procurement Department, reporting to the Head of Procurement, we are seeking an experienced Procurement professional to support the department in managing material and overhead expenditure and delivery, identifying and supporting opportunities for cost savings, ensuring departmental policies and procedures are aligned to corporate objectives and managing departmental KPIs.
- Ensuring that all Materials and Services are sourced, ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner to meet weekly production and organisational requirements;
- Managing vendor performance on an ongoing basis, ensuring consistent quality and compliance with GMP and GDP requirements with on time in full delivery;
- Assisting Technical Procurement Team with all NPD projects on a raw material sourcing basis;
- Procurement lead for Purchase-to-Pay system, supporting the business and end user needs;
- Establishing and delivering measurable KPIs for all levels of procurement activities including supplier performance, cost savings and inventory targets, aligning with corporate objectives / targets and reporting to senior management on a timely basis;
- Working with key internal stakeholders to minimise the risk of interruption to supply to new and existing product portfolios
- Contract and price optimisation for consumables, overheads and capital expenditure, with ongoing market analysis of spend categories and profiles. This will include conducting thorough RFQ activities, negotiating competitive commercial terms and working with our legal department to agree comprehensive contracts to protect the company's interests and mitigate risk.
- Managing a team of buyers supporting the operational and strategic needs of the business.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a commercial / business discipline;
- Minimum of 5 Years' experience in a Procurement role, ideally in a high compliance / regulated manufacturing environment (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, food);
- Demonstrable experience of tendering / RFQs, contract negotiation, supplier management and the sourcing and selection of suppliers;
- Strong organizational and prioritisation skills, used to working in a busy and challenging environment, managing multiple procurement tasks / projects concurrently;
- Highly numerate with strong IT skills, including advanced Excel (e.g. pivot tables, lookups) and with demonstrable experience in ERP / MRP systems;
- Demonstrating initiative, taking ownership of tasks and have the tenacity, drive and ambition to complete tasks within tight deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident of liaising at all levels to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to facilitate occasional travel requests.
- CIPS or equivalent certification;
- Demonstrable experience of managing Purchase-to-Pay system;
- Previous staff management experience.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs