Are you an experienced buyer with strong sourcing skills?
Do you have experience in sourcing new suppliers and possess excellent negotiation and sourcing skills?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent remuneration on offer?
We have a very exciting role with a very successful business based in Newry. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role: -
Based within the Procurement Department, the successful candidate will manage material sourcing and procurement, manage suppliers, be responsible for price negotiation, stock control, cost reductions, support New Product Development and strategic sourcing initiatives. Cross-functional working across multiple functions and managing multiple suppliers on a global basis are fundamental to this role.
Key duties to include:
- Ensure all materials are sourced, approved, ordered and delivered in a timely, compliant and cost effective manner to meet manufacturing schedule and Customer delivery performance;
- Support vendor approval and manage supplier performance on an ongoing basis,
- Drive high standards with Suppliers to ensure On Time In Full Quality and Compliance (GMP and GDP requirements) are continuously met and exceeded;
- Engage relevant internal stakeholders early in procurement process;
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to minimise the risk of interruption to supply to new and existing product portfolios, having a right first time mindset and supporting our On Time In Full targets for Customers;
- Build excellent relationships with suppliers, meeting frequently to ensure excellent supplier performance and address any issues in a timely manner;
- Manage end to end management of Change Controls initiated by Procurement linked to introduction of new suppliers;
- Support strategic initiatives and requirements for new product development and product launches;
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable department to manage Supplier Accounts, ensuring continuity of supply of required materials and addressing any price discrepancies.
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent;
- Minimum 4 years' experience as a Buyer, responsible for sourcing from multiple suppliers globally;
- Experience sourcing new suppliers, with a focus on quality of supply in addition to cost effectiveness;
- Excellent negotiation & influencing skills, with ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels internally and externally;
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Resilient, team player with a strong Customer (internal & external) focus;
- Highly numerate with strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Third level qualification;
- CIPS or equivalent certification;
- At least 6 years' experience in a Buyer role;
- Experience in a manufacturing or process-heavy industry.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs