We are delighted to be working in partnership with TS Foods, Co. Down to recruit a number of key positions to support the business as it continues to develop and grow.
TS Foods are a long established and well respected and local FMCG Manufacturer supplying major retailers across the UK and Ireland. We are keen to speak with individuals with experience in and appropriate aptitude for the position of Quality Assistant
Quality Assistant (a full specification is available on request)
- Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the company’s quality assurance procedures.
- Liaise with the production team to achieve the highest possible standards of product quality, safety and hygiene.
- Ensure that products despatched from the company meet company and customer standards and statutory regulations.
- Monitor production and packaging processes, raising problem areas with production staff in the first instance and if the problem is not resolved promptly, inform the Factory/Quality Managers of any areas requiring attention.
- Ensure performance of critical tasks to maintain product quality (e.g. calibration, temperature monitoring, etc.).
- Ensure production and packing staff accurately complete all agreed Quality records.
- Ensure inspection of incoming and outgoing goods and investigation of all customer complaints and supplier deficiencies.
- Conduct daily cook ups of products being manufactured and maintain accurate records of all tastings.
- Maintain records of customer complaints and supplier deficiencies.
- Ensure approved supplier information & specs are keep up to date and contact suppliers for information as required
- Conduct Traceability and mass balance exercises periodically.
- Ensure Document control is kept up to date for all records.
The ideal candidate:
- A good standard of education, numerate and an ability to communicate effectively in English
- Experience in food preparation in a commercial environment
- Experience in producing and maintaining accurate records
- Experience of working in a busy and demanding environment
- Evidence of good planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- Ideally a food/Quality qualification.
- Awareness of quality management systems (e.g. BRC)
- Evidence of excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexible approach to work
A competitive remuneration is on offer for the right candidate together with the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Please call Conor MacNamara in strict confidence on 07968 160 122 or 028 3025 2407 for more information and a full Job Description.
Experience: 1-2 yrs