Vacancy Reference - 17220
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary FE IT Support Officer to be based in Dundonald. This is a full time role 36hrs per week, Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm and expected to last up to one year – this may be subject to review. The following duties will be required -
* Assist with the setting up, operation, and maintenance of IT/ICT systems and related peripherals in Education Authority HQ, and out centres
* Liase with External Service Providers in respect of work undertaken through maintenance contracts
* Undertake a variety of Operational activities in support of Education Authority unit’s IT/ICT systems as necessary.
* Assist Education Authority personnel with the operation of a variety of hardware and related software
* Assist with the requisitioning of resources, hardware and software, for all Education Authority Units
* Participate in the research and development work of the IT Unit, including specification of systems
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A minimum of BTEC HNC/D level (or equivalent or higher) in IT/ICT/Computing
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the last 6 years of working in an ICT support capacity in a business environment, primarily in software support and development, database report writing, and developing web based applications
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the last 8 years of working in an ICT support capacity in a business environment, primarily in software support and development, database report writing, and developing web based applications;
* Experience of supporting PC’s hardware and desktop software within a networked business environment.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.