Vacancy Reference - 17248
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a Band 3 Cook to be based in Gilford. This is a temporary full time role, Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm and expected to last for six months initially. The following duties will be required -
* To assist the Day Opportunities team to support Service Users in one or more of the following areas; Production, ready to eat and bakery area to prepare cook and serve food to the agreed recipes and standard.
* To have knowledge and cater for any dietary requirements and ensure compliance in relation to allergens.
* To understand and adhere to HACCP and ensure accurate recording and monitoring of HACCP forms.
* To ensure quality is maintained in regard to procedure, practices, portion control and presentation.
* Ensure personal hygiene and food hygiene standards are achieved and maintained.
* To monitor stock levels and order goods ensuring that correct procedures are followed with regard to receipt and storage of food and consumables.
* To ensure the correct and economical use of provisions, consumables and equipment.
* To report any sightings of pests or infestations immediately to a supervisor or manager.
* To report defective equipment /services to a supervisor or manager.
* To report any issues regarding food quality to supervisor / manager.
* Assist Day Opportunities staff in the training of new Service Users and/or Staff and development of skills to ensure they are competent to undertake their duties.
* To contribute ideas on menus, functions and the catering services in general
* To deal with telephone queries and take appropriate action as necessary.
* Cash handling duties as require, in line with Day Services Financial Procedures.
* To attend in service training and when applicable attend courses which may be held outside the facility.
* To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Day Opportunities Co-Ordinator.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* NVQ Level 3 in Food Preparation & Cooking or equivalent plus 2 years large scale cooking experience
* NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation & Cooking or equivalent plus 3 years large scale cooking experience
* 5 years large sale cooking experience
* Level 2 Award in Food Safety or equivalent
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.