Food Buyer / Purchaser
Your new company
HNH Human Capital are recruiting an experienced Food Buyer / Purchaser for a key client in the FMCG sector. Our client is looking for a commercial minded and confident Food Buyer to join their ambitious team. The successful Food buyer will be responsible for growing specific categories in the business, in order to deliver outstanding value and range for their customers, whilst delivering incremental profit for the business.
You will hold great communication skills, as you will be required to build strategic supplier partnerships, and have an eye for identifying new products and opportunities within the market.
Naturally, you should have a passion for retail and a love of food, be self-motivated and results-focused.
Responsibilities of this Food Buyer job include:
- Work with the Buying team to develop short and long-term plans for your buying categories
- Assist in the planning and delivery of budgeted sales and margin for your buying categories
- Identify new market trends and implement actions to capitalise on those trends
- Manage the range assortment (branded & private label) to ensure the product offering is ahead of the market
- Manage and develop the private label offer at all levels to ensure the product offering is both unique and competitive at all times
- Develop strong business relationships with our existing supply base and source new suppliers
- Plan and negotiate strong promotional activity for your categories to attract new customers & build categories
- Work with other business functions such as logistics, space planning and marketing to ensure your category plans are delivered to shelfWhat you can offer?:
- 3+ years Food Buying experience
- CIPS qualification
- Excellent communication skills with commercial aptitude
- Proven track record of achieving required sales and margin
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Previous food buyer / FMCG buying experience within retail environment is required.
Your salary will be commensurate with the experience you can offer. You will join a company with ambitious growth plans and one that rewards employees well.
How to apply?
Send in your CV to our Senior Consultant Fionntán Gamble who will contact you with further details about the role. Fionntan @ hnhhumancapital.com (no spaces) or call on 02890 278 155.