Sewer/Pipe Renovation Manager
Location: Northern Ireland Lisburn
Purpose: What is the role purpose and how does it support our strategy?
- The Sewer / pipe Renovation Manager role is to support the overall business strategy and help grow through CIPP installations and Development initiatives.
- Develop and enhance the business’ sewer repair network and help evolve through succession planning. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a high profile role which will require you to build relationships with the supply chain network within this sector, understand the business demands from conducting a full TNA and working day to day with Managers and Directors to provide planning, installation strategies.
- Assist in developing product knowledge and management training modules for middle to upper management roles, delivering on a range of topics relating to specific business needs when required.
- To ensure all operational processes and customer journeys are documented, compliant and accurate.
- To identify business process challenges by analysing process on delivery and metrics to ensure that they are cohesive and deliver the customer service strategy.
- To gather feedback on process effectiveness through assessments across the business supporting the managers in the development of action plans for improvement.
- Complying with the Health & Safety and current legislation
Accountabilities: What are you here to do?
- Assess relevant training needs for staff individuals and organisation, in consultations with departmental heads, including assessment methods and measures.
- Stay informed as to relevant skill and qualification levels required by staff for effective performance and circulate requirements and relevant information to the organisation as appropriate.
- Produce organisational strategy and plans to meet sales projection and development needs and manage delivery, measurement and follow up as necessary.
- Recognize development needs and programmes necessary to meet training requirements for your teams, or manage this activity via external providers if prior agreement has been given.
- Where appropriate, devise and implement service gap analysis, formulate and identify individual training planes and needs.
- Where appropriate, deliver training interventions directly to delegates.
- Research and evaluate latest innovations and techniques to enhance our service offerings.
- Deliver assessments and help with the development of new/existing staff.
- Develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Follow through on any process change recommendations, taking in to account the impact and consequences of any business change.
- Develop and maintain operational process documents to ensure they are up to date, fit for purpose and meet the contractual requirements of our Clients.
- Deliver change and process improvements using an agreed and consistent methodology.
- Ensure any business risks are identified and escalated immediately.
- Facilitate and review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification.
Reports to: Operations Manager
What is needed to do the job?
Background: What experience is needed in order to be able to do the job?
- Experience of the drainage industry and repair techniques.
- Experience of win can software
- Experience of managing and implementing innovative changes to process
- Experience of working alongside multiple departments.
- Experience of creating a learning strategy/plan in line with company objectives.
- Experience of producing and maintaining multiple sites at once.
- Experience of conducting individual assessment.
- Demonstrable knowledge CIPP/CIPR and other No Dig repairs
- Proficient in the use of multiple computer applications.
Qualifications: Are there any qualifications/ educational standards needed to do the job?
- Field experience
- CCTV Surveying experience
Regulatory Knowledge: What regulatory/legislative knowledge is needed to do the job?
- Desirable – IOSH Managing Safely
- Desirable – OX19s sewer classification
Business Know How: What business knowledge is needed to do the job?
- Minimum 5 years within the drainage sector
Person Specification: What personal qualities are needed to do the job?
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of audiences, including those at geographical distance.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- High degree of business and people acumen and ability to demonstrate presence and credibility across the organisation.
- Commercial awareness
- Passionate about continuous improvement; use of initiative to make things happen.
- Strong customer orientation and able to work collaboratively with colleagues locally and at other sites
- Self-disciplined and proactively required to work both as part of a team and alone.
- Team player – able to contribute to wider Group activities and share best practice in terms of business skills and behaviours.
- Manager – A strong and confident people person with the ability to manage and motivate .
- Resilience - Ability to deal with a heavy workload associated with the business demands whilst displaying calmness under pressure.
- Time Management - Ability to effectively plan and prioritise your own work and that of other people, to optimise performance.
- Communication – Professional, clear and confident communicator at all levels.
- Flexible - Ability to adapt to change to meet the changing demands of the work environment, working hours, or other unexpected demands.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instil trust in others whilst upholding the values of the business.
This profile is not an exhaustive list of the activities that the role holder may be required to undertake.
The Company may require the role holder to perform other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 Stat days
Hours of Work – As per business needs general hours of work will be 0800 – 1630 Monday to Friday
Company commercial vehicle supplied clean license ability to drive up to 7.5t
Salary negotiable on experience.
Interested applicants please submit your CV CLICKING APPLY FOR THIS JOB