Our client is a leading engineering company based in Co Armagh. As part of their ambitious growth plans, they now wish to appoint a Senior Design Engineer (Head of department). The company manufacture, install and commission specialist plant and are market leaders in their sector.
Senior Design Engineer – (Head of department) Heavy Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company. As Senior Design Engineer your role will involve travelling to the UK, meeting customers to establish their requirements and then designing solutions to meet their needs.
Senior Design Engineer – Key Duties:
- Meet with customers to establish their plant specifications & provide technical advice on products/processes
- Co-Ordinate with all departments relative to all aspects of design and manufacture
- Check and approve drawings using design processes, procedures and checklists
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to enhance product quality, proactivity and customer satisfaction.
- . Work closely with design, manufacturing, purchasing departments and sub-contractors.
Senior Design Engineer - The ideal candidates:
- Degree educated (or equivalent) in an Engineering-related discipline with significant post qualification experience.
- Extensive experience with Solid Works (or similar)
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Experience of 3D Cad packages is advantageous
- Understanding of steel structures and fabrications
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good organisational skills
- Target driven & ambitious
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, innovative company with an impressive reputation. Full package that will be flexed to meet the needs of the ideal candidate. To find out more, please submit a comprehensive CV which should clearly demonstrate how you are suited to this role, including your remuneration expectations through the link here.
Experience: 3-4 yrs