Your new company
Our client is an engineering company who export globally and are based in Newry area. They manufacture an award winning product and have successfully delivered their top quality products for over 25 years.
Your new role
- This role will be on a contract basis for approximately 6 months.
- To devise and implement proactive strategies that influence and drive quality standards within the Company and to ensure health and safety compliance throughout company.
- Responsible for Quality Controller & General Operative (Housekeeping).
- You role will be measurable by number of non-conformances; effectiveness of Quality Management System; Number of Complaints; Cost of rework. You will work to ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards.
- To improve upon the current QMS using a 6 Sigma approach to problem solving and statistical process control (SPC) to monitor, control and improve processes.
- Develop and maintain rigorous systems for internal auditing and identifying non-compliances, report on same and ensure improvements/preventative measures identified are actioned on a timely basis.
- Prevent quality problems by understanding the process and specification and introduce stability and uniformity with reference to product quality.
- Assume overall responsibility for health and safety and set and maintain systems and standards to ensure that all current Health & Safety statutory and company best practice requirements are met throughout the company.
- Project lead and develop quality system for achievement of ISO 18001.
- Ensure that all employees are inducted, trained and validated in all aspects of their positions' requirements, to allow them to perform their functions safely and efficiently.
Hours of work Mon - Thurs 8am - 4.30 pm and Friday until 3pm
What you'll need to succeed
You will be available for at least 6 months to complete this contract. Experience working as a Quality Manager or Lead Quality Engineer with H&S duties along side in recent times for 2 years+. Degree within a relevant disciplinary is desirable. The ability to lead the team well, with a good attitude and enthusiasm for the role will be required.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs