Quantity Surveyor JO3178
We are delighted to be working with our client, a rapidly expanding Civil and Building Engineering Company in Co. Down who are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
The successful candidate will manage and develop:
- The quality / tender process submission.
- Cash flow analysis, monthly valuations and final accounts in line with project needs.
- Sourcing, negotiation and evaluating of supplier and sub-contractor quotations.
- Negotiation and evaluation of advantageous terms to the company in compliance with specific contract/project needs and requirements.
- The auditing of Contracts including JCT, ICE and NEC.
- Take off for Activity Schedules, Bill of quantities documentation preparation from drawings, specifications and schedule finishes (CAD skills useful).
- Post tender and post contract discussions and cost considerations including evaluation of the contract.
- Third level degree qualifications in Construction/ Quantity Surveying or demonstrable experience.
- Experience within Civil Engineering would be desirable.
- Proven track record in a QS role, throughout E-procurement process from tender to scheme completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate confidently to all levels of financial business.
- Ability to work to deadlines and a proactive, organised approach to work schedule.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.