Quantity Surveyor Job, Newry Area County Armagh
Your new company
Mechanical & Electrical Design Engineer, Newry Area, County Down - This Electrical & Mechanical Engineering firm has been in business for over 40 years. Over the last 40+ years, they have adapted with the changing industries, leading us to become the best in our field. Although a lot of our work centres around generator integration, the company still retains a firm foothold in the electrical and mechanical installation fields, having completed the full electrical fit out of six data centres around Amsterdam, and counting…The company centres on a nucleus of 70 staff with additional resources employed as necessary to service particular project requirements.
Your new role
- Preparing valuations for interim application for payment to clients;
- Evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- Preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- Preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts with subcontractors;
- Re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- Preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- Preparing internal & external cashflow forecasts;
- Preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates
What you'll need to succeed
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- 5+ years' experience for Main Contractor/Sub-contractor
- Experienced in both pre and post contract work
- Excellent client facing abilities
- Experienced in MEP projects is advantageous
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
What you'll get in return
As well as a competitive salary you will receive pension, attractive holiday entitlement and career progression as well as additional benefits. Holidays - 20 days plus 8 PUBH 40 hours per week Office opening times, 8am-5pm Mon-Thurs, 8am - 2.30pm Friday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs