Our client is a thriving local fabrication business with a strong client base across the UK and Ireland. Due to retirement they are now seeking an experienced Transport Manager to join their South Down based team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for co-ordinating the company’s transport operations from their NI headquarters across the UK, Ireland and occasionally Europe.
- Co-ordinating loads for shipping on running units or shipping trailers only, ensuring empty unaccompanied trailers are returned for loading; Booking ferries
- Driver hours management within RHA guidelines
- Seeking Permits for abnormal loads throughout UK and Ireland
- Ensuring loads adhere to weight limits
- Managing vehicles for availability for respective checks & PSVs
- Organising breakdown recoveries throughout UK
- Managing driver holiday cover
Previous relevant experience in transportation / logistics including:
- Shipping and booking boats
- Freight paperwork
- Vosa regulations and Drivers Hours restrictions
- Booking PSVs
- Recording Maintenance
- Logistics of organising freight out and back loads home to minimal mileage and drivers hours
- Ability to prioritise workload and operate with a sense of urgency
- Good IT skills
- Flexibility with respect to working hours if required
Salary is in the region of £30 – 35k depending on experience.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact us on 02890 826044 or upload your CV through the link.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.