Based in Co Down, our busy engineering client is seeking applications for the new post Mechanical Estimator.
The successful Estimator will be responsible for generating detailed costing sheets for turnkey commercial projects which will involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment.
You will maintain a seamless link in liaison with contract managers, purchasing department & wider commercial department from initial design through to installation and completion for each project.
- Provide estimated costs of proposed projects and survey/cost completed works.
- Complete take offs from schematics & 3-D designs and collate into material & labour costs.
- Quantify & cost accordingly the required labour to complete the works being costed.
- Review of project & tender specifications to assist in bid/no bid decisions.
- Source & assess equipment supplier & sub-contractor’s quotes.
- Liaise with specialist contractors & suppliers and obtain accurate costings for any specialist or construction/civils works as required.
- Assisting in completing detailed post job analysis to review where costs were over/under so that continuous improvement can be achieved.
- Attend & where necessary lead internal post award meetings with key commercial, design & contracts team who will deliver projects.
- Attend site meetings as required.
- Degree in Mechanical, Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering or similar relevant area OR demonstrate a high level of experience in the area.
- Good Microsoft Office skills – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrate a track record of estimating/ cost engineering from initial budget enquiry, detail design pricing to full tender pricing.
- Demonstrate good commercial awareness and attention to detail.
- Ability to read & understand schematics and complete detailed take-offs.
- Highly customer focussed.
Salary is in the region of £33 - 38k depending on experience+ bonus + a flexible benefits package which can be discussed upon application.
For further information and a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or contact us on 02890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.