Our client is a Co Down based engineering company who are currently seeking a Document Control Manager to join their well-established team.
The purpose of this role is to manage the Document Control team and the service it delivers. Full in-house training will be given on processes and IT packages. Applicants should have previous document control experience with an engineering / construction background.
- Maintain and develop the current Document Management Procedures and existing Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Provide an interface to IT Support for Document Control issues, which include process enhancements to existing software.
- Ensure that all system users are provided with adequate training and support to enable them to successfully adhere to Document Control procedures
- Monitor compliance against the policies and procedures for Document Control through regular quality checks and audits, providing advice and guidance to address problems and where appropriate issue corrective actions to resolve non-compliances.
- Provide support to project teams and all departments by responding to requests and queries regarding documentation.
- Identify industry trends and recommending Document Control “best practices.”
- Process many documents daily, including uploading & downloading drawings / documents.
- Maintain accurate document record logs of all drawings and documents issued by all parties at each stage of a project.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and staff.
- Previous experience managing a Document Control/Administrative team within construction or related sector.
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to operate all Microsoft Office packages efficiently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Organised and structured approach with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with a proactive attitude, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities
- Full UK driving licence is required
This role offers a salary of £30 -40k. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with a growing business in a thriving industry.
For further information and a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or contact us on 02890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.