Our client has enjoyed a sustained period of growth in the construction sector. As a result an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work as a Commercial Manager.
Reporting directly to the MD you will build upon the processes already in place to assist the commercial, pre-construction and contracts teams as they continue to grow.
The role will involve the full spectrum of QS duties ranging from preparation of cost plans, BOQ’s, Contract documentation preparation & review, management of interim claims and preparations & negotiation of variations and final accounts.
In this position you will play a key role in liaising with clients and managing finances on a broad range of pre-fabrication projects, ranging in value from £1 – 5M per project.
- Maintain financial control of projects including preparing monthly job performance reviews and liaising with estimating and contracts teams to interrogate and provide clear, accurate reports for ongoing and completed projects.
- Liaising with contracts, estimating and pre-construction teams to obtain full understanding of each project scope and assisting with identification of potential variations.
- Review of job performance in line with budget to highlight any variances or potential over / underspends and preparation of reports for review with estimating manager, contracts manager and contracts director.
- Overseeing monthly claim process and managing project variations
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of project variations and final accounts.
- Review and interrogation of all new and existing contracts / Orders received including negotiating with clients to ensure associated terms and conditions are relevant and acceptable.
- Preparation, review and award of subcontract packages for contracts teams.
- Attend monthly credit meetings to provide update on any ongoing contract specific negotiations / queries so credit team can chase payments accordingly.
- Preparation of project specific cashflow projections and liaising with Estimating manager to assist in preparation and management of risk registers.
- Degree educated Quantity surveyor with a minimum of 8 years quantity surveyor experience in the construction industry sector.
- Good Microsoft Office skills – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Commercially astute and ambitious
- Demonstrate a good ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business who have gone from strength to strength, and who have continuing plans for development. Salary is in the region of £40 – 60k + benefits.
For further information and a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or contact us on 02890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.