Ashton Recruitment require a Head of Estates
The Head of Estates is responsible for leading, managing, and developing the Estates function to ensure the College's campus buildings, facilities and learning environment are safe, effectively maintained and fit for purpose, and provide an excellent student and visitor experience. The Head of Estates will also be responsible for the effective and efficient provision of catering and facilities management services and the management of other contracts associated with the role.
This is a temporary post until 3rd May 2019
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for a Head of Estates:
- Corporate and Strategic Responsibilities
- Leadership and Management
- Estates Management and Physical Assets
- Capital Development
- Risk Management
- Health and Safety
- Resource and People Management
For the full list of responsibilities and accountabilities please email
Essential Criteria for a Head of Estates:
- A relevant Level 6 qualification on the National Qualifications Framework e.g. Degree in property/construction/engineering/estate management or related discipline.
- Demonstrate appropriate training or qualification in project management relevant to delivery of estates/construction projects and programmes of work.
- Demonstrate at least two years' experience in the last five years of estates planning, estates project management and/or building maintenance at a senior level to include:
- Managing a multi-site, geographically dispersed estates function;
- Managing an estates function with a budget in excess of £3m;
- Developing and managing estates plans and programmes of work; and
- Leading a team of professional, technical and administrative staff.
- Demonstrate evidence of working in effective partnerships at a senior level with professional teams, advisors, suppliers and contractors.
- Demonstrate experience of managing estates, facilities management and other associated estates services contracts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of public sector procurement.
- Current Driving license for official business purposes
- Professional qualification in a construction, estates management or planning related discipline e.g. full membership at corporate/associate level or higher of an appropriate property/construction or estate management Professional Body.
- Demonstrate at least two years' experience in the last five years of estates planning, estates project management and/or building maintenance at a senior level within a college, university or school sector.
- Demonstrate operational experience of public sector procurement.
Duration: Temporary until 3rd May 2019
Hours: 36 hours per week
Salary: £26.27ph (Band 12 - £49,188pa)
Closing date for CV's: Sunday 29th July 2018
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV via the link below, or if you feel like this would be a position of interest to people in your network please share.
Please be aware a successful applicant for the role will have to complete an Enhanced Access NI Background Check.
Ashton Recruitment is acting as an employment business.
Experience: 0 yrs