MCS Group is seeking a temporary finance administrator on behalf of a public sector client based in Newry, Co.Down. Immediate need. Ongoing temporary assignment.
Our client is open to candidates seeking both full-time and part time hours (minimum 3 day week).
The temporary finance administrator will be responsible for:
- Completing financial and high level administrative tasks, working on their own initiative and taking the lead on work tasks assigned to them to assist the programme manager with processing financial claims, accruals and budget management.
- Accurately processing finance claims from companies which will include collating, checking & validating claims.
- Communicating with companies to advise them of the claims process & advise them on how to complete finance claims accurately
- Create purchase orders and update finance and project management systems including Integra and excel
- Providing essential data processing/ data input and recording of ongoing programme delivery
- Programme administration to include collation of papers and minutes for project review meetings
- General admin duties which may include:
- Take telephone enquiries, advise and sign post businesses to the most appropriate information/ support within the team
- Filing, Photocopying & Scanning
- Meeting Room/Accommodation bookings
- Any other duties required by line manager
- A formal qualification in a finance related discipline or evidence of working towards same
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a finance/administrative role in which applicants have been required to plan, prioritise and organise their own workload.
- The ability to effectively process, monitor and manage financial records/data, with responsibility for checking for accuracy and identifying issues
- The ability to interpret a range of financial data/information, using this for reports and papers
- strong technical skills in the use of Excel and Word
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of experience of working with businesses and individuals in an economic development role.
- Experience in working within EU Funded Programmes.
Role based in Newry
£11.70 per hr
If the above sounds like you, then get in touch with Clare Simpson at MCS Group to discuss in more detail or submit your CV via the link provided.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Clare Simpson, Specialist Interim & Contract Finance Consultant at MCS Group 028 96 935499
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence
Experience: 0 yrs