MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting on behalf of reputable Co Down based group for their Financial Accountant vacancy.
This is a brand new hire for the finance team and will support the Senior Accountant, assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory reporting.
This position will suit a Newly Qualified Accountant currently working in a commercial position who is seeking to widen their level and depth of experience or, someone keen to take their first step into industry. The client will provide suitable training for the successful candidate to ensure a smooth transition into what is an already established and solid finance team.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory returns (profit & loss, cash flow and balance sheet)
- Support with company budgeting annually
- Analysis and reporting on trends, activity and recommendations
- Analyse and reconcile of company balance sheet accounts
- VAT- UK and ROI returns and reconciliation
- Assist with company stock takes to include analysis per department and comparison against previous year and budget comparison
- Authorise purchase ledger payment and FX when required
- Complete insurance declarations and returns
- Professionally Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience of working in a commercial environment will be an advantage
- Educated to degree level in accountancy or related
- Must have previous working experience of a medium to large organisation
- Experience of producing full management accounts, managing company bank accounts
- Proficient user of MS Office, specifically Excel (advanced level Excel desired)
- Ability to identify areas of improvement with in the finance function and wider team
- Able to travel to the various group sites across NI
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build solid working relations
- Strong attention to detail with a flexible attitude and approach
- Be an ambassador for the business at all times
In return the client are offering an attractive salary and opportunity to work with a leading NI business.
I am keen to have a confidential discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest.
Please contact Nadine Savage, Manager at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs