Commercial Finance Manager
£38-45k neg and depending on experience
We are delighted to be working with a leading manufacturing company who has seen extensive growth and diversification in recent years. Due to this they have a need to appoint a successful qualified finance professional. This role will focus on the supervision on the day to day finance function as well as developing efficiencies in a manufacturing and operational environment.
- Supervise day to day finance operations ensuring best practice and efficiencies
- Develop and maintain product costing initiatives with a focus on profitability by product
- Work closely with the senior management team including operational management building successful and strong relationships across the business.
- Focus on improvements in processes, cost control and management systems ensuring accurate KPI reporting.
- Produce meaningful and insightful information for the operations team with a focus on KPI’s and variances. Make commercial recommendations for improvements
- Prepare detailed reports including variances to Budget , sales analysis, Cost of sales etc
- Present recommendations for improvements in processes
- Build and maintain relationships with supply chain, to monitor and improve purchasing; control price variances ensure costs are being correctly applied to production items.
- Monitor gross margin to ensure the effective management of the costs
- Manage and develop IT Systems including ERP efficiencies and Sage reporting software
- Identify and manage commercial risks and enhance/develop risk processes
- Work with the management team in agreeing an annual budget and forecasting programme.
The ideal person
- Be flexible and positive in their duties with a management style of fostering a positive, supportive and inclusive culture
- Have strong leadership and management capability
- Be able to proactively and positively manage a diverse team
- Have proven analytical and technical accounting capability
- Have experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Be a fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years post qualification in a commercial setting
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity with a growing SME who strive to be best in class.
For a full job description please email your CV to Sara McKinty VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON