Vacancy Reference: 19115
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Officer (Procurement) for the Newry area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 36hours per week, with an hourly rate of £13.21. This vacancy is expected to last until December 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the day to day operations of the procurement team with the aim of achieving value for money in all college purchasing in line with college procedures
- Assisting in the production and implementation of an annual procurement plan to ensure delivery of the programme of tenders , quotations and contracts on a timely basis
- Monitoring compliance with approved College tender processes
- Assisting with the preparation of tender documents, specifications, advertisements and provision of administrative support and procedural advice at evaluation meetings
- Establishing and maintaining robust contract management procedures and report any instances of non compliance
- Establishing and maintaining workable filing systems for catalogues, contract files, contacts, completed tenders and quotations
- A minimum of a Level 5 qualification in a business, finance or accounting discipline
- GCSE English (Grade A*-C) or Essential/Key Skill Level 2 in Communication or equivalent.
- GCSE Mathematics (Grade A*-C) or Essential/Key Skill Level 2 in Application of Number or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years’ experience within a procurement/ purchasing role within the Public Sector covering at least 3 of the following areas: Monitoring compliance with the approved tender processes, Providing support to an evaluation panel, Providing support and guidance with procurement issues to staff to help ensure adherence to policies and procedures and best value, Maintenance of a register of contracts to ensure contracts are renewed / reviewed on a timely basis
- A minimum of two years’ experience of using integrated finance systems
- Experience using a Microsoft product to analyse or present financial information for a non finance person
- Experience of supervising and motivating a team
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.