Our client is a busy engineering firm situated near Banbridge, and have a need for an Assistant Accountant to cover a period of maternity leave. The contract is expected to run until October 2019, immediate start available. In house training will be provided.
- Responsible for daily bank administration including bank reconciliations for company bank accounts and cash flow forecasting
- Administration of PAYE / CIS including returns.
- Administration of VAT including returns.
- Monthly management accounts preparation to Trial Balance including full reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts
- Financial Accounting activity including journal entries, Profit and Loss Account reconciliations and financial analysis
- Preparation of monthly sales reports and customer profitability analysis
- Assist in procedure development and recommend / implement process improvements
- Preparation of government statistical returns
- Budget administration
- Development of company templates using advanced MS Excel formulae
- Part / fully qualified accountant with a minimum 2 years previous relevant experience
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver on a varied portfolio of work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
Salary is in the region of £25 -28k pro rata.
For further information and a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or contact us on 02890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.