The post-holder will work under the direction and guidance of the Finance Officer - Financial Services to ensure the provision of an efficient and effective finance service and will report through the Finance Officer to the Accountant.
- Supervise Finance Assistants within the Accounts Receivable and payable functions including overseeing, allocating and monitoring of work, and providing training to the team members within the functional area.
- Maintain Sales and Purchase Ledgers including the reconciliation of the QL/Agresso interface, processing receipt batches, preparation of lodgements, transfers, refunds, credit notes and supplier statements.
- Maintain the credit control function i.e. customer statements, reminder letters, liaising with Student Loans Company, College Debt Collection Agency as and when required.
- Produce reports and relevant documentation for line management as and when required.
- Respond efficiently, effectively and courteously to enquiries from the public, staff and other customers.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and post, as assigned.
- A minimum of a level 4 qualification (or higher) in any subject area.
- GCSE in English (Grade A* - C) or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or equivalent.
- GCSE in Mathematics (Grade A* - C) or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or equivalent or NICATS Access Maths Modules.
- A minimum of two years' (within the last five years) financial administrative experience in maintaining the Sales Ledger and/or Purchase Ledger within a busy finance team.
- A minimum of two years' experience (within the last five years) of using integrated finance systems/computerised accounting package/s and Microsoft products.
A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and have access to a car for official business purposes.
- A minimum of a level 4 qualification (or higher) in business, finance or accounting discipline or equivalent or be currently studying towards a recognised accounting technician qualification
- Experience of working within an administrative/office setting
£18,070 - £22,658 depending on experience
- Newry (there will be the requirement to travel to other sites)
Hours of work:
- Mon - Fri 36 hours per week
Ashton Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency
Experience: 0 yrs