Abacus Careers are working with a local FMCG on their search for an experienced Accounting Technician/Assistant Accountant. Boasting a diverse client base in both NI and RoI, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 2-3 years of general accounting experience to join a company with an unrivalled reputation and a terrific team environment
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and credit card analysis
- Preparation and posting of monthly journals
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Control Accounts
- Intercompany Reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT returns both UK & ROI
- P&L analysis and commentary
- Preparing and submitting VAT Returns, Intrastat and EC sales reports
- Stock reporting
- Provide cover for purchase ledger as required
- Support the annual audit process
- Provide support to the Finance Manager as required
- Qualified Technician/PQ Accountant or 5 Years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent EXCEL skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Customer focused
- Have a methodical and meticulous work approach
- Calm and professional manner
Salary for this role is negotiable depending on experience; this is a challenging, rewarding, and diverse role that will definitely appeal to an experienced finance professional who enjoys a busy, productive, and fluctuating environment.
If you are interested in discussing further, please apply immediately
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs