Our client in the South Down area currently has an immediate need for a Counter Salesperson to sell their range of steel products. The successful applicant will provide sales and support to walk-in customers at the sales counter, offering an excellent level of customer service.
- Taking customer orders at the counter
- Producing pick dockets for the forklift drivers
- Preparing cash sale dockets
- Checking stock on the Database
- Monitoring fabrication progress of an ordered item through the workshop
- Liaising with transport and dispatch for delivery
- Processing cash and card payments
- Issuing material test certificates
- Ensure all quotations are followed up and maximise all sales opportunities.
- Proactively develop new sales opportunities.
- Previous experience of counter sales ideally from within a builders merchant or other construction / engineering environment
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Ability to identify customer needs, provide profitable solutions, and close the sale
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with team members and customers
- Good IT Skills, including Excel
- Have, or be able to quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of steel products
Salary is in the region of £25 k depending on experience. Training on all company systems will be provided.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact us on 02890 826044 or upload your CV through the link.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.