Our client are one of the fastest growing companies in their industry. Due to continued growth and expansion they require a Textile Designer to join their Product Development team.
The role in brief -
- Reporting to the Head of Product, you will be responsible for following product briefs and creating designs from scratch; using AVA CAD software to produce artwork; managing CADs through to sample stage with a portfolio of factories that span Belgium to India.
- You will conduct regular competitor and directional shop research in order to inform your design work and produce trend reports based on your knowledge and research to present to the Product and Sales Teams.
- You will attend Trend Shows and Trade Fairs Internationally in order to cement good working relationships with company Suppliers and immerse yourself in trend development and the latest production techniques.
- You will be responsible for managing factory relationships, ensuring they execute your designs correctly, approving layouts and samples.
The ideal candidate:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a Design related discipline.
- At least 2 years experience in a relatable product design role
- A demonstrable passion for Interior Design and Homewares is essential.
- Experience of AVA CAD software would be useful, but not essential
- A proactive attitude is key to this role; both in the ability to predict future trends and work independently on multiple projects.
- Flexibility to travel. When restrictions allow us to, you will attend International Trade Shows and travelling throughout Europe.
- You will be working on several range developments at a time so pace, organisation and the ability to multi-task effectively, are absolutely key.
Fantastic salary, work from home options and great benefits come with this great role. For further information you can contact Conor MacNamara (07968160122) or Suzanna Vallely (07745040434) for further information.
Experience: 2-3 yrs