Associate Data Analyst (Retirement Benefit Specialist)
Abacus are happy to announce that we are currently working on an extremely exciting Data Analyst position with one of our highly esteemed clients. Our client is currently going through a significant period of growth and, as a result, require an experienced Data Analyst to join them in their Actuarial team. The successful candidate would be responsible for calculating retirement benefits.
Why this role?
Our client's main focus is on ensuring that their people are happy and well-cared for. In order to achieve this, they offer an exciting work environment, a highly competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package. In addition to this, they offer continuous learning development opportunities and a supportive management system. The company is one of the most highly regarded business and technology operations in Ireland and has offices and operations across Europe, America and Asia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a variety of standard and non-standard services which includes the calculation of retirement benefits, providing explanations of the various components of the calculations and benefit options, as well as plan provisions
- Research complex data or information in order to draw accurate conclusions and present viable options or solutions in a timely manner.
- Apply knowledge of pension plan provisions and industry regulations to day-to-day operations.
- Communicate key information in response to inquiries received from plan participants, retirees, and plan sponsor via telephone, e-mail, or letters.
- Ensure client satisfaction through the successful completion of complex qualified and non-qualified pension calculations for traditional and cash balance plans. Understands tax requirements and implications associated with each.
- Research and resolves client issues working in collaboration with operations, plan actuaries, plan administrator and other internal business partners to execute prompt resolution.
- Identify opportunities to exceed customer service expectations by improving workflows, trouble-shooting, and recommending improvements to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Perform quality checks for manual calculations produced by team.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting non-qualified payments with internal and external parties.
- May be a resource for training and coaching team on new plan provisions and/or regulatory changes, providing input to system changes or enhancements, and handling one-off data changes or updates.
- 2 or more years of retirement industry experience.
- 3 or more years of related customer service experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Defined Benefit products and services required.
- Defined Contribution and US Non-Qualified knowledge a strong plus.
- Knowledge of supporting systems a plus (DBRK, CFE, STARS, ABC etc.
- Ability to take on leadership role with projects or special assignments; project management experience a plus.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to partner with other areas.
- Ability to prioritise and work under tight deadlines; results oriented.
- Creative problem solving skills, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and handle requests in a confidential and professional manner.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft business application software. Strong Excel skills required.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Experience: 0 yrs