Vacancy Reference - 16350
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Statistical/Research Officer (Accuracy of the Register project) to be based in Lurgan. This is a full time role, Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm and Friday 9am to 4:30pm, and it's expected to last until the end of March. The following duties will be required -
* This post is responsible for ensuring the register of charities is accurate and can be kept up to date by identifying gaps and means to improve the accuracy and timeliness of information held.
* Undertaking analyses of various data sets and records including summaries and ageing.
* Conducting exception testing of unusual items using various criteria, testing for missing or duplicate data items, and matching/comparing data from different sources including open data.
* Verifying the quality of existing data, identifying and taking action on gaps or redundant data/records.
* Developing new ways of viewing and analysing data.
* Documenting work undertaken, findings and producing reports.
* Creating mechanisms to transfer knowledge to a range of Commission staff.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Essential - 3rd Level qualification
* Desirable - Professional Certificate in Data Analysis
* 2 years experience of analysing varied and complex data sets and data flows to support and influence decision making.
* Use of standard Microsoft packages and specialist statistical/audit software packages as a means to scrutinise data sets.
* Maintenance of comprehensive databases.
* Managing information and records in line with a retention and disposal schedule
* Experience of the development of processes and procedures
* Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of MS Excel
* Knowledge of MS SQL databases
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Understanding of data management frameworks
* Ability to work without supervision
* Knowledge of IDEA
Candidates will be required to obtain an Standard Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.