Vacancy Reference - 16376
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Medical Secretary to be based in Craigavon. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last initially for 3 months.
The following duties will be required -
* To transcribe all digital and audio material (and any copy typing) for all patient related correspondence and non-patient related correspondence from Consultant and team.
* Operate the computerised information systems, e.g, PAS, SOS, Patient Centre ensuring the data contained on the system is accurate and up-to-date.
* Deal with the administration and management of the waiting list systems.
* Be responsible for dealing with incoming correspondence via post, telephone, email and fax, along with general enquiries from patients, GPs, other hospitals etc, and redirect/action as appropriate.
* Provide GP or other health care professionals clinical information regarding patients, e.g. regarding prescriptions (dosage writing, etc) and on patient management from handwritten outpatient notes.
* Compose correspondence on behalf of Consultant and medical staff relating to patient appointments, admissions and general advice.
* Compose correspondence in own name e.g. when following up telephone queries with patients, miscellaneous queries etc.
* Ensure that results on patient investigations are received and followed up as appropriate.
* Ensure the accurate filing of correspondence and results
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A Level 4 qualification (on the Qualifications and Credit Framework, QCF), i.e. HNC or equivalent/higher qualification in a business/administrative related subject
* 1 years' experience in a clerical/administrative role
* 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent/higher qualification AND 2 years' experience in a clerical/administrative role
* 3 years' experience in a clerical/administrative role.
* Experience in the use of Microsoft Word or equivalent.
* Experience of audio/digital typing preferable.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.