Vacancy Reference - 17589
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Regional Construction Health & Safety Coordinator to be based in Craigavon. On occasion, the successful candidate may also be required to work from, or attend, other NIHE locations throughout the province to meet the needs of the service. This is a full time role temporary ongoing position, Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 at a rate of £13.72 per hour The following duties will be required -
* Responsible to the Health & Safety Manager / Assistant Health & Safety Manager (Construction) for the delivery of a comprehensive Health & Safety service including the provision of professional advice, guidance and support to senior / line management and staff in relation to the control of contractors and construction activities.
* To fulfil the role of a Competent Person as required by the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000 in relation to the control of contractors and construction activities within their specified region.
* Advising and assisting Project Managers to fulfil their role and responsibilities as the Client on behalf of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2016 (CDM(NI) 2016) so as to ensure construction work activities are carried out, so far as is reasonable practical, without risks to Health & Safety.
* Ensuring the collation and provision of pre-construction information to internal and external contractors in a timely manner, including information relating to hazards on site or in close proximity to the site where the work is to be carried out, to enable the provision of Health & Safety Information, Health & Safety Files, and Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans for all planned maintenance schemes within their region.
* Checking and approving, where appropriate, the Contractor's / Principle Contractor's Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans and Site Waste Management Plans in consultation with the Project Manager for the works /scheme.
* To provide a focal point for construction related Health & Safety enquiries, internal / external contractor related accident / incident reporting and monitor, record and action such in accordance with NIHE procedures and carry out detailed accident / incident investigations as directed by the Regional Programme Delivery Manager including participating in a callout rota providing an immediate response to emergency situations e.g. serious incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences.
* To undertake such other relevant duties commensurate with the nature and the post as may from time to time be required to meet the needs of the service.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
Candidates must have all of the below :
* NEBOSH General Certificate qualification.
* A minimum of Five years recent relevant experience within a Construction Health & Safety function within a large complex, multi-site organisation.
* An additional Construction Health & Safety course i.e. IOSH Managing Safely in Construction.
* A Construction Skills Register (CSR) Card.
* Have access to a form of transport to enable the candidate to fulfil the requirements of the post.
Desirable Qualification Criteria:
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
* A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate or above.
* Three years recent relevant experience within a Construction, or Facilities Management, Health & Safety function within a large complex, multi-site organisation.
* A Construction Skills Register (CSR) Gold Health & Safety Practitioners Card.
Subject to the qualifications already held, candidates must be willing to undertake further study in order to attain the following qualifications within 5 years of appointment.
* a NEBOSH Construction Certificate
* an APS Management of Pre-Construction Health & Safety qualification
Candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience, for the number of years required depending on their level of qualification, in ten of the following areas specified below:
* Experience providing appropriate pre-construction Health & Safety information to Principal Designers, Designers, Principal Contractors and Contractors etc. to enable them to develop Health & Safety Files and Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans.
* Experience of assessing tender documentation e.g. Principal Contractors and Contractors Health & Safety documentation, Site Waste Management Plans and Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans for suitability.
* Experience advising Clients as to the suitability of arrangements for managing projects, including the allocation of sufficient time and resources, and the competence of third parties e.g. Principal Designers, Designer, Principal Contractors and Contractors
* Experience in the collection, provision and co-ordination of information for the Health & Safety File.
* Experience in the monitoring and supervision of Principal Contractors and Contractors.
* Experience in undertaking Health & Safety Audits and Site Safety Inspections.
* Experience working with Project Managers and project teams.
* Experience in the management of facilities, construction and building maintenance operations.
* Experience in operating Health & Safety Software e.g. Incident Reporting Software / Databases etc.
* Experience developing and implementing Health & Safety policies and procedures.
* Experience in successful project management.
* Experience of the use of analytical skills.
* Experience of facilitating and delivering Health & Safety training.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.