Vacancy Reference - 15693
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Legal Officer – Deputy Principal to be based in Lurgan. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am -5:00pm. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last until end of March 2019.
The following duties will be required -
* Provide assistance to the Legal Advisers, staff and SMT on legal issues, including complex applications for charitable status and consents required under the legislation
* Provide internal advice and assist with action against trustees who fail to apply to register or submit information requested by the Commission
* Advise Monitoring and compliance team on cases of non-compliance and assist in them in taking action in cases of breach of trust
* Manage and respond to Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act enquiries where appropriate
* Undertake legal research and assist with any appeals on behalf of the Commission in the Charity Tribunal and on appeal work as appropriate
* Assist with drafting legal content for website and undertaking relevant research
* Assist in the development of an internal legal manual specifying processes and procedures for work under the charities legislation
* Create and maintain IT based databases and paper records of internal and external legal referral responses and legal issues and precedents
* Maintain electronic filing systems and records accurately and in a timely manner
* Carry out specified project work under the guidance of senior colleagues to support the achievement of project aims
* Ability to work flexibly across teams and a range of areas
* Ability to competently use a variety of IT packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Entitled to hold a practicing certificate
* 2 years’ post qualification experience as a solicitor with the last 3 years
* Experience of undertaking research, developing guidance, and providing reports/updates on case law and legislation
* Experience of preparing briefs and assisting in instructing Counsel
* Experience of creating and maintaining legal databases
* Experience of working on corporate governance and regulation
* Experience of a diverse range of legal matters including litigation and tribunal/court proceedings
Candidates will be required to obtain an Standard Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.