MCS are proud to be working on an exclusive basis with a client who are seeking a junior software developer to build out their mobile application development function. This role will provide ample opportunity to up-skill and gain exposure to new tech!
Would you like to be an integral part of an R&D team? Are you a programmer with strong mathematical skills and an interest in mobile app development or Web Services? Are you interested in greenfield development?Or an engineer with an understanding of coding in object orientated languages? If so, this is something you'll want to have a look at!
This company specialise in supporting ophthalmic laboratories through lens calculation software which allows for patients to receive perfect, bespoke prescriptions every time. This company has a rich heritage that stretches back to 1947 and has an established reputation for innovative designs and high-quality products.
Their varifocal lens designs are produced globally in more than 300 labs across 58 countries and they are proud to also be the R&D division of a very famous consumer brand.
Additionally, this company have a growing portfolio of mobile applications which allow for patients lens prescriptions to be more easily ascertained.
As a Software Development Engineer you will have the opportunity to work with a small, proactive team. No day is the same, you will provide support to client's varied challenges and will always have ongoing projects from developing new software functions, evolving new designs to coming up with your own new concepts within an environment of creative freedom.
What you'll be doing:
The successful Software Development Engineer will join the renowned R&D team. Their main responsibilities will be developing and maintaining our software products. This will include:
- Designing, developing, and testing mobile applications in C#
- Greenfield mobile application development
- Working with the PHP/Laravel framework building web apps
- Designing and implementing resource based REST API web services
- Exposure to object orientated development (C#, C++ or Java)
- At least one years experience in a commercial setting (Placement year included)
- An interest in Maths and problem solving
- The ability to think and act logically
What will you get in return?
- Great exposure to an array of various technologies
- Huge upskilling potential
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Attend events across the world. Past locations have included Beijing, Czech Republic, Milan!
- Create brand new apps from scratch
- Work with some of the biggest companies in the industry
- Work within a tight knit team with developers who will invest time in you!
Welcoming all developers from a graduate, masters or PHD background. Apply today and interview as early as next week!
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Rory Foster , IT Consultant at MCS Group on 07972 166308 or send an up to date CV.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456 . All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs