Our client, a major player in the Agri-Business, is based in Mid Ulster. This long-established company is a supplier of fresh produce to the major multiples in the UK and Ireland. As a result of continued growth, the company now wish to appoint a:
Human Resources Assistant
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to gain a wide range of HR experience across the HR spectrum in a fast paced, positive and progressive environment.
The role in brief:
- Recruitment & Selection, induction and onboarding of new starters
- Investigations, disciplinaries and grievances
- Company performance management programmes, including appraisals and probationary reviews
- Company Training & Development initiatives
- Be a primary point of contact for Line Managers
- Maintenance of the Company HR systems including absence information, employee details, recruitment details etc.
- Collate and maintain accurate Equal Opportunities information to facilitate statutory returns
- Collate and track data on employee holidays, absenteeism and employee turnover
- Collate and track data on employee absence triggers and attendance statistics and assist Managers in the management of absenteeism on site, including Return to Work Interview forms.
- Accurately process leavers, transfers, variations and change of details and communicate relevant information with payroll
- Provide administrative support to the Health and Safety Manager
The ideal candidate:
- A Level standard education or equivalent
- Experience in an administrative role within a busy environment, providing support within a HR function is highly desirable but not essential
- IT proficient and competent in the use of Microsoft Office and/or Google drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Team orientated
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative with a willingness to learn and undertake self-development
- Detail oriented and highly organised with the ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to work with a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Experience of providing administrative support within a HR function
- CIPD qualified or working towards a CIPD qualification
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Human Resource best practice and NI employment legislation would be advantageous
Please submit a comprehensive CV which should clearly demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria, including your remuneration expectations through the link here. You may call Conor MacNamara on 07968 160122 / 028 3025 2407 for more information and a confidential discussion.
Experience: 1-2 yrs