Learning & Development Manager | County Armagh | Public Sector
MCS Group HR is delighted to be partnering with a local government organisation based in Craigavon, with the appointment of a Learning & Development Manager on an initial 6-month temporary basis.
The pay rate for this role is £18.03ph on 37 hour working week.
To assist the OD & Performance Manager in developing the organisation, achieving its Corporate goals and supporting the creation of a learning culture through the successful development of its people, ensuring that appropriate strategies, policies and procedures are developed implemented, evaluated and reviewed.
- Support the ongoing development of a continuous learning culture, through developing, implementing and reviewing the Council's policies and procedures relating to Learning & Development including needs analysis, planning, design, delivery, recording and evaluation.
- Oversee and project-manage the introduction of e-learning
- Utilise information technology/e-Learning to maximise the successful implementation of the above policies and procedures including formulating costed development plans for the organisation.
- Provide a professional and practical internal service to all levels of line management in relation to People Development, to include provision of advice and practical assistance as required.
- Identify skills needs across the organisation and working in partnership with line managers to identify and implement appropriate development interventions.
- Support the OD & Performance Manager in developing the Annual Training Plan in line with annual budgets and oversee its roll-out.
- Work with Union Learning Reps to support a harmonious learning culture and make recommendations on joint training initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation of an internal Training Pathways Programme and oversee the day-to-day management of the Programme.
- Plan, design, organise and deliver internal and external training and development programmes and identify/procure appropriate providers as required.
- Coordinate and deliver the Corporate Induction Programme.
- Assist in establioshing a Council Apprentichip Scheme and, pone established, be point of contact for advice and guidance for both apprentices and line managers
- Monitor and evaluate apprenticeship activity reporting on active number of those who move into sustained employment
Eligible for Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
Two years' experience at a senior level in Learning and Development to include each of the following:
- Management of training function at senior level including management of staff and training budget;
- Creation and roll-out of an annual training plan in line with business need;
- Delivery of staff training programmes;
- Experience in working with management/leadership development programmes;
- Experience of training evaluation.
Access to a form of transport which will permit the post holder to carry out the duties of the post in full.
On offer is an attractive hourly rate of £18ph, a highly competitive benefits package, a people focused work environment under the guidance of an experienced senior HR mentor.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert (Assoc. CIPD), HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2020
Experience: 0 yrs