MCS Group is recruiting a talented SHEQ engineer for a newly created position in our clients manufacturing organisation. This client is seeing great demand in their markets and are investing further in their team with the recruitment of 2 new position for SHEQ engineers.
This client is proud of their state-of-the-art facility and offer a wide range of rewarding benefits to their people in recognition and reward.
As a SHEQ Area Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Critical and technical risk review of SHEQ work processes and activities
- Technical development of training materials including SHEQ integrated work instructions, standard testing methods, toolbox talks, alerts and communication briefings in conjunction with operational leads and teams.
- Deliver training to new employees and management team leads for team roll out on SHEQ standards, integrated work instructions and manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support and assist the development of SHEQ Process/Task Risk Assessments in conjunction with operational leads and teams to satisfy legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Conduct and document SHEQ internal audits; validate and monitor effectiveness of operational implementation of developed SHEQ training materials across defined work areas.
- Coordinate develop & manage a phased employee SHEQ induction programme and career development training plans in collaboration with management team leads, whilst maintaining training files.
- Support and facilitate SHEQ investigations, corrective actions, continuous improvements, and audit activities (internal & external)
- Implement & share successful SHEQ best practice improvements across all areas.
The successful candidate:
- You will hold a 3rd level or above educational qualification in a related discipline e.g., Engineering/Science discipline with a Level 3 or above Safety related qualification.
- 2-3 years industry experience in a similar role with experience of functional safety, and be keen to develop further knowledge of processes, safety management, safety engineering and safety assessments. You will have a Health & Safety-first mentality, with the understanding of safety-first culture.
- Ability to critically analyse, think innovatively and creatively to solve complex problems whilst identifying opportunities for improvement.
- It is vital that you have excellent IT skills with a strong knowledge of all MS Office applications alongside effective interpersonal, communication, organisational and self-management skills.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Kirsty Dillon Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google
Experience: 0 yrs