MCS Group is delighted to be working on behalf of one of Northern Ireland's top FMCG companies, and one of the most sought after employers to recruit an Automation and Controls Engineer to their growing Engineering team.
Have a passion for Automation?
Come from a strong Electrical/PLC Engineering background?
Interested in being involved in major projects, bringing in new cuting edge technologies to an already market leading manufacturing plant?
The successful candidate will join a senior project automation engineer and work alongside a junior automation engineer which will require an equal balance of both PC workstation work and factory floor work.
- Support and develop the site-wide process control system.
- Be involved in the design, maintenance and updating of PLC hardware and software, across the site to ensure that it meets corporate standards, and process integrity and maximises operational efficiency.
- Ownership of process control systems on site to ensure effective control and operation of process and utility equipment
- Own and develop effective use of SCADA and MES data to support manufacturing and utility operations
- Development and preparation of Functional Design Specifications to include validation and evaluation documentation for the maintenance of control systems and networks
- Commissioning of new and modifications of current equipment
- Plan & execution of minor system changes/programming to improve system operational efficiency & effectiveness.
- Drive & Implement minor projects to improve the site's Scada infrastructure.
- Working closely with the Site Engineering & Project Teams, drive & execute routine site upgrades of Scada Software and Hardware systems.
- Providing guidance to the Senior Management Team on best practices and methodology for execution of complete system upgrades.
You will have experience and a wide range of knowledge in electronic and software programmes to include:
- PCS7 and Siemens S7 equipment
- P&ID control loops
- Profibus communication systems
- Variable speed drives, motor over loads/contactors
- Profibus DP/PA, AS-I and Ethernet networks components and Architecture
- WinCC / Ignition Systems
- HMI networks
- Tuning PID Loops
- Degree in Mechatronic/Electronic/Electrical Engineering or similar related degree
- PLC knowledge required/General programming of several PLC manufacturers
Full details including salary and benefits will be discussed upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96 935492
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same… MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs