Supply Chain Administrator
Responsible to: Supply Chain Manager
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- To assist Supply Chain Manager with company objectives and KPI’s.
- Using a variety of Management Information Systems including MRP System and emails.
- Having an understanding of product specifications and customer requirements, including maintaining customer order books to meet delivery dates.
- Organising logistics and liaising with couriers and carriers.
- Placing Purchase Orders with suppliers and ensuring that the goods are delivered as per the order requirements.
- Ensuring on time delivery from suppliers and chasing any overdue orders.
- Managing stock and ensuring stock levels are accurate.
- Processing all production paperwork and job packs to fulfil customer orders.
- Attending MRB meetings and resolving issues that have been raised.
- Ensure that all documents are retained in accordance with the company’s quality requirements.
- Maintenance of systems data integrity.
- Compliance with, implementation of and contribution to improving relevant quality standards.
- Comply with good housekeeping and Health and Safety standards / legislation and contribute to improvements.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Participation in relevant training as required.
- Participation in and contribution towards continuous improvement.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Must be flexible to meet company demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Supply Chain / Production / Operations Manager.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good computer skills – MS office word, excel, outlook and power point.
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to be able to communicate externally with customers, suppliers & internally with colleagues.
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative.
- Good time management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise.
- GCSE level or equivalent Numeracy and Literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in an engineering environment.
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Previous experience of Management Information Systems, such as MRP or ERP systems.
For further information, including a Job Description or to apply please contact Cherry by CLICKING CONTACT EMPLOYER for an Application Form.
Closing date Friday 28th February 2020 at 12pm.
Permanent posts – flexibility required
Salary dependent on experience
Hours – Mon- Thurs 7am-4pm, Fri- 7am -12pm
Boyce Precision Engineering is an Equal Opportunities Employer.