BPE are an established precision manufacturing company with a state of the art machine shop and a growing client list. We are now recruiting for the following role to join the established team due to continued growth:
Boyce Precision Engineering is seeking an energetic, self-starter for the position of Manufacturing Engineer. Their main responsibilities will be to ensure manufacturing solutions are delivered which meet and exceed cost, quality and schedule requirements for both current and new products and processes.
Responsible to : Operations Director
Working as part of a close-knit team, the Manufacturing Engineer will be working with other key functions to ensure manufacturing solutions are delivered which meet and exceed cost, quality and schedule requirements for both current and new products and processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working closely with the Operations Director provide accurate and timely responses to new requests ensuring that all the cost, quality and delivery requirements are met. This will require close liaison with the customer and key internal departments.
- Establish recurring and non-recurring costs.
- Identify all tools and fixtures required to manufacture the product to specification and in tolerance.
- Establish all quality checks required to ensure that product meets customer requirements.
- Work with operations team to drive efficiency advances by innovative solution to assist in manufacture.
- To coordinate with programming, production, quality and purchasing to ensure that new products are introduced to the manufacturing process to achieve target costs, quality and delivery.
- Demonstrate that the manufacturing process has delivered in terms of cost, quality and cycle times.
- Creation and maintenance of Bills of Materials and operation routings.
- To manage and control engineering change through the manufacturing process.
- Provide support to customers on manufacturing queries.
- Working with the production team to ensure that optimal processing conditions are implemented that ensure best cost and quality standards are achieved.
- Initiate problem and lead solving techniques.
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained throughout the process.
- Must be flexible to meet company demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Operations Director.
- Degree level or similar qualification in a mechanical engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Have a high standard of PC literacy - use of Microsoft Office applications especially Excel.
- Excellent prioritisation, problem solving and project development skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good leadership skills (organised, good communicator, able to motivate and delegate tasks )
- Ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere and on own initiative
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar engineering environment.
- Strong knowledge of solidworks software and drafting procedures.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
For further information, including a Job Description or to apply please contact Cherry by CLICKING APPLY FOR THIS JOB for an Application Form.
Closing date Wednesday 18th December 2019 at 12 noon
Permanent posts – flexibility required
Boyce Precision Engineering is an Equal Opportunities Employer