BPE are an established precision manufacturing company with a state of the art machine shop and a growing client list. We are now recruiting for the following role to join the established team due to continued growth:
We have the following vacancy for immediate start:
CNC Setter (day and night shift)
Rate of pay: £12.50 per hour / £16.66 per hour night shift
Hours per week 39
Night shift (4 nights Monday - Thursday)
Permanent post – flexibility required
Joining one of the leading engineering companies in precision manufacturing you will receive a competitive hourly rate to match your level of experience and the opportunity of professional development.
Responsible to: Production Manager
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Setup and operate CNC Milling and Turning machines including the accurate interpretation of set up sheets.
- Interpret engineering drawings, sketches and technical data to determine tooling, sequences and procedures.
- Selects and install tools.
- Make modifications to programmes.
- Determine machine control settings to optimise positioning, speeds, feeds etc.
- Problem solving program/machine/tool settings during production.
- Monitor operation and machine displays to detect malfunctions.
- Maintain data integrity of engineering folders regarding revision level, program back up, etc.
- Assist with the creation and updating of set up sheets.
- Perform routine daily maintenance tasks.
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications.
- Compliance with, implementation of and contribution to improving relevant quality standards
- Concise and accurate record keeping including ensuring the integrity of the technical database
- Comply with good housekeeping and Health and Safety standards / legislation and contribute to improvements
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Participation in relevant training as required
- Participation in and contribution towards continuous improvement activities
- Assist other departments as needed
- Must be flexible to meet company demands throughout the year.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Production / Operations Manager
- HNC/HND or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- 3 years practical work experience in a similar environment
- Have a high standard of PC literacy - use of Microsoft Office applications especially Excel.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere and on own initiative.
- Have good experience of machining skills, CNC programming, milling, turning, surface & cylindrical grinding.
- Previous experience of Mastercam.
- Have a working knowledge of Fanuc and Heidenhain controls.
Please forward an up to date C.V. via clicking on the APPLY BUTTON.
Closing date Wednesday 2nd January 2019 at 12 noon